The Transition Year Programme is an option that students may take immediately after completing Junior Certificate and it has been in operation in our school since 1986.
Students are offered the opportunity of:
• Studying subjects in a more practical and active way
• Taking part in a Personal Development programme
• Taking the responsibility for running Mini-Companies, thus developing a spirit of enterprise.
• Studying subjects that are not part of the Leaving Certificate curriculum such as Technology and Crafts
• Achieving certification in the very popular and highly acclaimed Microsoft Office Specialist exams.
• Involvement in Community Care Programme that takes students beyond the world of School and helps develop an awareness of social problems such as the care of the elderly and handicapped.
• Participating in work experience.